With 0.57 released on stable version, the developers gave us new options for server admins. It is setting of date, time and its persistence.
NEW SERVER TIME SETTINGS
- Server Time: “system time” (dependent on server) or “Custom time”
- Start-up time: If the server time is set on “Custom time”, you can define time when the server starts with this pattern: YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM. For example: “2015/4/8/17/23”.
- Time Acceleration: Sets multiplying by X hours in game, which passes within one real hour.
- Time Persistence: Saves server time. After the restart, the server will continue at the time as before the restart.
UNDERSTANDING THE TIME FLOW IN CHERNARUS
Chernarus adhere to its real foundation, Czech Republic. That means that if you set for example time 2015/4/8/12/00, then the server for Chernarus uses real sunset and sunrise of 8th of April 2015. The nearest and the most precise real location is in Moscow. Here is a graph of sunrises, sunsets, dawns and dusks related to the process of the year.
We can see that on 12th of April it dawns around 5:30 AM and the sun sets around 7:30 PM. This graph from gaisma.com can help you in control of the day cycle.
SETTING SERVER TIME ON 3 HOURS + 1 HOUR OF DUSK
Use this settings:
- Custom time
- enable time acceleration on 4 hours
- disable time persistence
- set the frequency of restarting the BEC scheduler on 4 hours
The time span on server will be from 5:30 AM (dawn) to 9:30 PM (dusk). If we look back to the graph from real world, we can see that in 5:30 AM sun rises and around 7PM dusk begins. That means that the players that join the server after restart will see beautiful surise and near the end they can enjoy around 45 minutes of dusk atmosphere.
Here is a summary of a server cycle:
- 0h00 real world = 05:30 In-game (dawn)
- 1h00 real world = 09:30 In-game
- 2h00 real world = 13:30 In-game
- 3h00 real world = 17:30 In-game
- 3h30 real world = 19:00 In-game (dusk)
- 4h00 real world = 21:30 In-game (restart)