01# WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OFFICIAL AND COMMUNITY SERVERS?
- Official servers – these are public servers run by developers, and their settings will always match the original intent of the game. There will be no modifications here. Servers will be different only in the player’s default view, daily cycle, or seasonal period affecting the server’s thermal conditions (not confirmed to change the visual appearance of the game).
- Community servers – these are servers operated by individuals or gaming communities. In addition, you are split into public servers (shared) and private servers where HIVE is separate for each server unless the private server provider decides to have multiple servers under one HIVE. For community servers (at least in private), it will be possible from version 0.63.
02# WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STABLE AND EXPERIMENTAL?
- Experimental – Before releasing any update, you need to review and test the stability of your new content. These test servers are freely available to the public.
- Stable – When most of the content of the update is tested, it is released to a stable branch.
- The character is not the same between an experimental and a stable branch.
03# HOW TO CONNECT TO STABLE OR EXPERIMENTAL?
- Through a Steam client, check out DayZ Standalone in your game library. Right-click and select Properties – Beta Version tab and select Experimental. The game is automatically updated to the current experimental branch version. To return to a stable version, reset the setting to its original state. The client will re-update the current version of the stable branch.
04# WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1ST PERSON AND 1 ST / 3RD PERSON SERVERS?
- Here we talk about the exact definition of server difficulty settings, which by the way can be found on both stable and experimental branches. 1st / 3rd person means you can switch between the third person’s view and the first person. On the other hand, the 1st person is only a first-person view. Decisions depend on server managers. The character between servers with different settings is transmitted only on private servers where more than one server may be under one HIVE.
On public servers, the character is not shared between 1st person and 1st / 3rd person servers.
05# HOW TO CONNECT TO 1ST / 3RD PERSON OR 1ST PERSON SERVER?
- In the main menu of the game is the “Change server” tab. Here you can filter out the required server settings. You can check in the checkbox if you want servers only with 3rd person settings or click once again and a red cross appears to select the opposite option, that is, only servers from the first view
06# Servers do not appear in search, or just a few?
- There may be more problems here and here we write the most frequent cases.
- Usually, every Wednesday morning, server maintenance takes place, or the update may be out of this day and the servers are off.
- Network connection error. Verify that you have an Internet connection, or if the firewall or anti-virus program does not block the game.
- In the system, enter the START menu and enter “cmd” in the search (without quotation marks). The table will populate “netsh winsock reset” (without quotation marks) and enter ENTER. If the system writes that you do not have permission, run CMD as Administrator, and then type the command again. Then restart your computer and turn on the game.
07# HOW IS IT WITH REGULAR UPDATES? (Stable branch)
- Every week on Wednesday there is a regular, several-hour shutdown of all servers for maintenance. This is accompanied by a possible update or patch from the experimental branch to a stable branch. If an update occurs, the Steam client automatically updates your game to the latest version. If not, check client settings or restart STEAM.
08# CAN NOT CONNECT TO MORE PEOPLE ON SERVER FROM THE SAME IP ADDRESS?
- The problem of connecting multiple clients from the same IP to a single server is usually associated with an older router and inappropriate NAT support. The solution is to force one of the clients to use a non-standard port.
- Solution: Start Steam to view your Library> right-click on DayZ> select the property tab> select “set startup options”> type “-port = 25007” (without quotation marks)
- The game should then work normally. This modification is done on one PC of two, for more PCs, it is necessary to put other ports on the N-1 PC eg: -port = 25010 etc.
09# BATTLEYE FAILED TO UPDATE KICK
- This problem is caused by the incorrect permissions of your files.
Solution: Turn off DayZ first and in Steam, right-click DAYZ, select “Properties” – “Local Files” – “Verify Integrity of game files”. Alternatively, switch to the Experimental version of the game (FAQ # 03) and after a while.
10# THE GAME HAS LAGS?
- There are already many tutorials, tips, tricks, where to adjust, adjust, edit, etc. There is a different procedure for each computer component. There is no universal and best “fps booster” or “fps fix”. There is nothing left to do but try and combine them individually.
If you are using old game settings, clear all of the startup options (out of port if you have the problem described in # 08). In the / Documents / DayZ / folder, delete the dayz.cfg file and the game creates a new one upon startup.
11# ERROR CREATING ENFUSION ENGINE
- Verify that your video card supports DX11. At the command prompt, type “dxdiag” (without quotation marks). A dialog will appear where the SCREEN tab must state that the graphics card also supports DX 11.0.
- If your card supports DX11, try deleting the dayz.cfg file in your / Docs / DayZ / directory and the game will create a new one upon startup.
The last option is to update the system, especially graphic drivers.
12# KICK FROM GAME AFTER A WHILE
- The reason is most often that you have steam online and the game can not verify your steam account. If so, turn it into ONLINE mode. Sometimes it happens that Steam is mad and it’s not a mistake with you. If you do not even restart the computer, it takes a while to wait, which may take hours.
13# STREAM GAME OVER OBS IS BLACK
- In OBS, you need to turn on “Anticheat compatibility” and disable antialiasing in the game.